I have been working in mental health for over thirty years and qualified as a psychotherapist in 1985.
Since 1986 I have worked as a psychotherapist in institutional settings. I was a psychotherapist in the University of Sussex Health Centre psychological services for nine years, and in specialist psychotherapy posts in the NHS from 1996. I have extensive experience of a wide range of clinical presentations, of assessment for psychological therapy and supervision of psychotherapy. I have respect for different therapeutic approaches and for shorter term therapies. My interest in how relationships affect our well-being led me to further training in couple psychotherapy and therapeutic approaches drawing on attachment research such as mentalization based therapy (MBT).
I am interested in how therapy needs to be adapted to different situations to offer a safe and effective therapeutic relationship.
I have a small private practice and strong links to the local community of private practitioners.
Training, qualifications and memberships
- CQSW University of London (1977)
- Guild of Psychotherapists (1985 - 2011)
- Tavistock Marital Studies Institute (now Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships) (1996)
- British Society of Couple Psychotherapists and Counsellors
(previously Society of Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists)
- Forum for Independent Psychotherapists
- UKCP registered
- British Psychoanalytic Council registered
- Psychotherapy Sussex
|< Prev||Next >|